Razz Poker Rules
The lowest hand wins the pot. The format is similar to
seven-card stud high, except the high card (aces are low) is
required to make the forced bet on the first round, and the
low hand acts first on all subsequent rounds. Straights and
flushes have no ranking, so the best possible hand is
5-4-3-2-A (a wheel). An open pair does not affect the
Rules of Razz
- All seven-card stud rules apply in razz except as
- The lowest hand wins the pot. Aces are low, and
straights and flushes have no effect on the low value of
a hand. The best possible hand is 5-4-3-2-A.
- The high card by suit starts the action with a
forced bet. The low hand acts first on subsequent
rounds. If the low hand is tied, the first player
clockwise from the dealer starts the action.
- Fixed-limit games use the lower limit on third and
fourth streets and the upper limit on subsequent
streets. An open pair does not affect the limit.
- The dealer announces all pairs the first time they
occur, except pairs of face cards, which are never